Antwort schreiben 

Themabewertung:
  • 7 Bewertungen - 3.86 im Durchschnitt
Aluminium-Vorderachskomponenten vom Audi S3 sowie vom TT mit mehr Sturz !!!
02.11.2012, 01:03 (Dieser Beitrag wurde zuletzt bearbeitet: 02.11.2012 01:04 von the bruce.)
Beitrag #73
RE: NEWS: Aluminium-Vorderachskomponenten vom Audi TT mit mehr Sturz !!!
Zitat:[Bild: IMG_3639-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3641-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3642-netversion.jpg]

TT arm being shorter than the other ones

Hubs

[Bild: IMG_3644-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3645-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3650-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3651-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3652-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3653-netversion.jpg]

Zitat:[Bild: IMG_3654-netversion.jpg]

[Bild: IMG_3655-netversion.jpg]

The TT mk 2 Hub compared to the GTI hub

showing app. 15mm difference in the track width, and if you then add the 7-10mm of the TT mk 2 lower control arms you should get in trouble fender wise

[Bild: IMG_3755-1.jpg]

To fit these to the GTI along with the TT mk 2 lower control arms you need the TT mk 2 balljoints as mentioned several times here.

On to the trouble with the inner and outer tie rods, as also mentioned before they have different lenghts so you need both the inner and outer tierod from the TT mk2, trouble is then that the inner tierod of the GTI has app. 5 mm without tread that goes inside the GTI steering rack which the TT mk 2 inner tierod doesn't have. So ideally you need the TT mk 2 steering rack which Alex has fitted to his Skoda Octavia Vrs with no problems whatsoever.
As i didn't have a TT mk 2 Steering rack on the shelf we machined the 5mm of the GTI steering rack which as the GTI inner tierod also didn't have any tread, this setup has now been on my car more than 6 month without issues, not even on track.
On a sidenote, when you extend the trackwidth with app. 22mm you are stretching the GTI driveshafts to the max and ideally you need the TT mk 2 driveshafts as well.
Actually there is 2 options as there's
1. an OEM setup with different length driveshafts.
2. an OEM setup with equal length driveshaft for the High power cars.

[Bild: IMAG0103.jpg]

[Bild: IMAG0104.jpg]

[Bild: IMAG0105.jpg]

[Bild: IMAG0122.jpg]

To compensate for the wider track i have done 2 things

1. Fitted the Kerscher 30mm wider front wings
2. Had my track wheels made in a 8x18" ET50 as opposed to 8x18" ET 45 in the rear. I could have gone for ET60 and still clear the damper leg, so my next set will ideally be 8,5x18" ET 55 and wider tyres perhaps 255 in the front

Gruß, Holger Fahne

[Bild: 13179662vm.jpg]

„Wenn ich die Menschen gefragt hätte, was sie wollen, hätten sie gesagt: schnellere Pferde.“

Henry Ford
Alle Beiträge dieses Benutzers finden
Diese Nachricht in einer Antwort zitieren
Antwort schreiben 

Nachrichten in diesem Thema
RE: NEWS: Aluminium-Vorderachskomponenten vom Audi TT mit mehr Sturz !!! - the bruce - 02.11.2012 01:03

Kontakt | ScIROCco Forum | Nach oben | Zum Inhalt | Impressum | Archiv-Modus | RSS-Synchronisation | Usermap